Best Practices of the College
Best practices of an institute are usually the benchmark it wishes to set for itself and others in the society. Being an institute of higher learning we realize our role in building a society free from discrimination and deprivation. We also realize that in a nation endowed with youth power we are facing an acute shortage of skilled youth who are industry employable. In order to fulfill our role, we are engage in various tasks which can be labeled as Best Practices. Fostering Community Responsibility, Skill Development Program, Promoting Gender Equality, Spreading Legal awareness etc. are few of the best practices of the college.
Community Based Practices
- To instill a sense of social responsibility in the minds of the students
- To engage the students in meaningful service that meets community needs
- To equip the students with skills, attitude and knowledge so that they can work for the diprive sections of society
- To understand the community in which they live and to understand themselves in relation to their community
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civil responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to community problems
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation in acquire democratic attitudes
- Meet with established community leaders and trustees
- Engage in informal small group contact with community leaders
The college has a Social Outreach through its involvement with several NGO’s which provides an opportunity to the students to work among the underprivileged sections and also with various civil society organizations.
Empowering Women: Laying Foundations for Better Society
There are girls in the society who are meritorious, motivated and passionate towards career goals yet they do not get equal opportunity to fulfil their dreams. We understand this and are committed to provide a safe and healthy growth oriented environment not only to our own students but also to those who are deprived by the society. The institute has set its Gender Goals as:
- To sensitize the students on various dimensions of gender discrimination.
- To engage the students in activities that would empower them to work towards a gender just society.
- The Women Cell and Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace Cell organize workshops on Gender Equality and Safety on regular basis.
- College regularly conducts Gender Safety Audit of its campus to see that girls in campus are feeing safe and secure.
- Legal Awareness lectures are organized to sensitize students and faculty members towards Women Rights.
- To lay a strong foundation so that student can compete in the competitive environment.
- Through faculty development programme faculty members updated the student, so that they can prepare themselves for the heat of competitive world.
- Develop basic aptitude among students to face assessment test of industry.
- Provide 360 Degree development to students though various programme and assessments.
- Periodically invite industry experts for interaction with the students to make them aware of corporate working environment.
- To organize personality development and motivation classes in order to enhance confidence in students.